1) You define summer as three months of bad sledding.
2) You think alkaline batteries were named for a tiger outfielder.
3) Your idea of a seven-course meal is a six-pack of beer and a bucket of smelt.
4) Owning a Japanese car was a hanging offense in your hometown.
5) You know how to play euchre.
6) The big mac is something you drive across.
7) You bake with soda and you drink pop.
8) You drive 76 on the highway and pass on the right.
9) Your Little League baseball game was snowed out.
10) You learned to drive a boat before you learned to ride a bicycle.
11) You know how to pronounce “Mackinac”.
12) You occasionally cheer “Go Lions — and take the Tigers with you.”
13) The word “thumb” has a geographical rather than an anatomical definition.
14) You have ever experienced frostbite and sunburn in the same week.
15) You expect Vernors when you order ginger ale.
16) You know that Kalamazoo not only actually exists, but that it isn’t very far from Hell.
17) Your favorite holiday are Christmas, Thanksgiving and the first day of deer season (for which schools are officially closed).
18) Your snowmobile and fishing boat have a big block Chevy engine.
19) At least one member in your family disowns you for the week of the Michigan vs. Michigan State football game.
20) Your year has two seasons, winter and construction.
21) You know what a millage is.
22) Travelling coast to coast means going from Port Huron to Muskegon.
23) Half the change in your pocket is Canadian.
24) You can identify an Ohio accent.
25) You show people where you grew up by pointing to your right hand.